Museums to Explore
- Be awed by the Rosetta Stone and Egyptian mummies at the British Museum.
- Walk among the dinosaurs from the tame Beelzebufo (prehistoric frog ) to the mighty T-Rex at the Natural History Museum.
- Experience the fascinating history of England’s capital from the time it was call Londinium to the present day at the Museum of London.
- Feel very rich for just a moment…….. you get to touch a genuine bar of gold at the Bank of England Museum
- Learn about the history of science and experience experiments and scientific objects at the Faraday Museum.
Parks to Explore
- Climb to the top of Greenwich Parkfor stunning views of the city skyline.
- Go in search of local wildlife such as deer-spotting in beautiful Richmond Park.
- Get fit… go jogging around Hyde Park, which covers over 142 hectares. You won’t be able to cover the entire park in just one day.
- See the Peter Pan “I can fly, I can fly, I can fly” statue at Kensington Gardens.
- Observe the wide range of birds occupying the beautiful St James’s Park. Whether you see pelicans being fed every day at 2.30pm or owls or even woodpeckers. The park is teeming with all kinds of birds.
Free things to do in London with kids
- You and the kids can experience the singing elevator (JCB glass lift) in the Royal Festival Hall.
- For the slightly old kids …… have them fill their feeds with colourful shots at Instagrammers’ hotspot Neal’s Yard.
- Watch and marvel at the street entertainers in the Piazza and the market at Covent Garden.
- Experience the awesome structures of plastic bricks at The LEGO Storeon Leicester Square.
- Calling all Harry Potter fans!!!!! Follow in the footsteps of Harry Potter and push a trolley through to a magical world at the wall marked Platform 9 ¾ at King’s Cross.
Free attractions in London
- OK…. Everyone knows this…. But just in case you don’t, go to Buckingham Palace and watch the Changing the Guard
- If you want to experience the Asian world but want to do that in London, the best place is? Yes you guessed it…. Chinatown, It’s the place to be for great restaurants for an affordable priced and if your looking for something special there are numerous Asian supermarkets to pick from.
- If you’re a music fan then London is the place to be as backdrop to one of the greatest albums made!! Follow in the footsteps of The Beatles by crossing the famous Abbey Roadzebra crossing that’s featured on the classic album.
Incredible free views of London
- Some of the best free views of the capital can be found at the Sky Gardenor nearby The Garden at 120, both in the City of London. Don’t forget…. bring your camera.
- If hob nobbing with celebs is your thing, check out Primrose Hill. If you want to spot the famous, here is the best place to be.
- Another place to go to walk to the top of Hampstead Heath’s Parliament Hill. Here you will find some of the best panoramic views spanning London.
- Be adventurous and climb up the yellow spiral staircase to Queen Elizabeth Hall Roof Gardenfor river views and relax surrounded by a multitude of wild flowers.
- If being in balance with your surroundings is what you are looking for then achieve a Zen like ambiance in the Kyoto Japanese Garden in Holland Park.
- Flowers flowers everywhere??? The right place to be (and for free) is Columbia Road Flower Market.
- Take a step back in time and wander around the ruins of a church bombed in the Blitz in the must see St Dunstan in the East